GOD IS LOVE (1 JOHN 4:8)

Friday, June 15, 2012

Tangible Faith

     "All that Preacher wants is my Money." A very common statement made by the ignorant. Although yes, sad to say some have used the pulpit as a throne collecting tithes like a tax collector and hoarding it to themselves like Kings, however, to generalize all men of God into this category is a display of ignorance. You see we have allowed our minds to be renewed to treating the sunday offering like a bill. We budget like we are paying the pool guy. Rather then see it as an opportunity to display our faith in God our provider. Does the word of God not say Give and it shall be given unto you? (Luke 6:38). I know the first thing that pops in to your head when you hear this. "But brother God Loves me regardless and it is not by my works but by Grace, he became poor so that I might become rich, he did that 2,000 years ago and there is nothing I can do to make him love me more or less. So i Don't need to give to be blessed he will bless me regardless because Im his Son."

Well I couldn't agree more with you, what an awesome God we serve. My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by christ Jesus. (Phil 4:19). Remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth the power to get wealth (Deuteronomy 8:18).  And when verses like these are comprehended in your heart you can't help but to put your faith in Him as your provider. So yes 100% I believe God adores me as his adopted son and rightful heir to the throne regardless if I ever gave another penny. But through such Love, I found for prosperity along with everything else He is the only thing I put my faith and trust in. James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 
      You see I see money as a tangible way to display my faith in God. Although it can be argued that giving of our first fruits is old testament Law, When I receive money in Im often too excited to invest my money in the kingdom of God I can't Help but to give of my first fruits. Its a desire that is so real and so strong in my Heart I see it as an awesome way to take something that is in the natural and apply it to the supernatural. 
     How easy it is to say that you have Faith that God is your provider but your actions say otherwise. We feel like we can trick God with our words. Like if we support him enough constantly telling him we have faith he is our provider it will twist his arm and make him actually move and actually provide for us. But Psalms 138:2 says, I will worship toward thy holy temple,and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth:for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. Gods word is magnified above his name, what is a man with out the truth to back up his word. When God said He will supply all your need according to his riches in glory, he meant it. I don't need to test him I believe it simply because I know how much He loves me and therefore I love him (1 John 4:10). The action of giving doesn't produce faith that He will provide but rather your faith that he Provides with more then enough produces the action of giving. What an opportunity to show the awesome power of God, when the whole world says save, save , save and don't spend and thats how you obtain wealth. And God says give it, give it, give it and allow me to bless you with more then enough. Money should not have control over a man of God, but rather treat it as a necessary instruments to provide your needs and further the Gospel. You see the Lord has given me the power to get wealth, and all that I have is a blessing from him.The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich,
and he addeth no sorrow with it (Proverbs 10:22). Believe it or not God has a greater desire for us to be prosperous then we have. But we often times fail to open ourselves up to recieve his blessing. 
       Gods arm does not have to be twisted into blessing us financially. I never started in early December walking around the house talking to my parents saying, " I have faith in you guys, you will provide for me for christmas and bless me, I know you will, I have all faith that you will bless me with presents, thank you for blessing me with presents at christmas." NO I realize that my parents Loved me it never even crossed my mind that maybe I would wake up one christmas morning and noting would be under the tree, and my parents wonder around the corner, and say, " We didn't get you anything because we love you, and are teaching you a life lesson through this." But rather we hear stories of Mom and Dads who sacrifice everything  just so their kids can enjoy gifts at christmas not even receiving anything in return. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him. (Matthew 7:11). 
       God wants to bless you financially simply because you are his adopted son or Daughter. He Loves you more then any of us know. And doesn't need you to give your money, his streets are paved with Gold. But you need you to give your money. God wants to bless us but   we won't open ourself up to receive. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7). You know why God Loves a cheerful giver? Not because he found someone who will give him a bunch of money, but rather someone who trust him so much that He is their provider they are happy to give money away as the Lord Directs. The world isn't happy about giving money, because to them once you give it, its gone with hopes of a promising tax write-off. But when a believer gives he is applying tangible faith, saying to me God is everything he says He is, He is honest, He is true, He is Love, He is Peace, He is a Healer,HE IS MY PROVIDER.

No comments:

Post a Comment