GOD IS LOVE (1 JOHN 4:8)

Sunday, January 30, 2011

1 John 4 Part 1

I'd like to start off today with a quick testimony. After I finished my writing on the simplicity of making an impact i headed straight to work where I deliver Pizza. The first house I delivered to a young girl came to the door and said Im sorry my mom would come to the door but she is Injured, i thought it was a bit strange she told me because often kids come to the door for their parents, but immediately the love of God came over me and said Pray for her. Im not by any means the perfect christian and began to head back to my car and said Lord I have to get back to work im on a scheduled time, because obviously God doesnt already know that lol, BUt he said you have her number call her. So i gathered myself and called and I said Hello this is Dalton calling from dominoes I just delivered pizza to you and this might seem strange to you i dont know if you are a christian or not but the Lord has instructed me to pray for you and I heard her telling the kids, " Its the pizza delivery guy, he wants to pray for us." Then she said to me yes we are christians. I said praise God, and the lord quickened me that it was her back and asked mam you have a physical injury, is it your back or??? and she said Its my back I threw it out at work and workmans comp isnt coming through so we are struggling. SO i prayed for her and commanded her back to be healed and prayed for prosperity as well and I began to pray for workmans Comp to come through but if she is healed she didnt need it so i prayed for prosperity. I later found out her friends were praying for her that someone would be sent her way. And praise God i was that man. Its incredible the impact we :can make if its done in love. Gods always there and always for us, so who can be against us (Romans 8:31). God can and will use anyone who will allow him where they are at, even a pizza delivery guy.



          Recently God has layed on my heart to reveal his Love. And through revealing his Love i have been revealed to it. But when I first started hearing about Gods Love and how we as christians are to portray his Love at all times, i thought to myself well Dalton you got a longgggggg way to go before you reach that kind of super christian ability. But as a called man of God i strived to do MY best to gain this Love and give it to others, and I got pretty good at it on the outside but MY best isnt Gods best Gods best isnt a Love we work for Gods best is giving something we had given to us, being blessed and blessing others. And recently I gave up my own efforts and allowed God to show me his Love was already in me all I had to do was allow it to flow out of me.
         The Love of God truly began to flow through me when i realized it wasnt my Love for God but his Love for me.
1 John 4:10
               10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1John 4:19
                19We love him, because he first loved us.

You see i applied this to my life in any other aspect of the Gospel, were saved by grace through faith, and that not of your selves: it is a gift from God: ( Ephesians 2:8). God is a Giver and he has made everything ours through christ, we dont have to do anything except accept it. But from some reason I assumed it was my responsibilty to obtain this Godly Love on my own, because there is a a worldly Love it must be something done by my works, I just had to praise God a few hours a day and be extremely happy and the next time someone offended me I could turn the cheek cause Im friends with God you cant hurt me. Thats not Love thats boasting in your own efforts.
1 JOhn 4:7 says
                7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
   When i heard this verse I figured i hit two out of three, i Knew God and was Born of Him, but the love wasnt there. BUt then verse 8 goes on to say.
                8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

When i first heared this i thought who is this John guy telling me I dont know God. And i realized at first glance this verse might seem condemning, but nto me it was the verse that set me free.  I said God but I know you. And he said exactly. Verse 15-16 says.
15Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
 16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Praise the Lord I already Got it!!!!!!! Its this simple I confessed Jesus is the son of God, therefore he dwelleth in me, and I in God, and if God is Love and he dwells in me then the perfected Love of God dwells in me. Amen

Once i found this out i turned it loose. It was never me trying to obtain it, simply because God loved me I had Gods love not because I loved him. I discovered true love for the first time in Christ and have been only discovering more and more the LOve I already have. The christian life is finding out what you already got not trying to get it.

The Lord has instructed me that my next writing 1 JOhn 4 part 2 of many to come will be on verse 18
18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
And then either that one or the next will be on  1 John 4 how we Quenchs Gods love through us. So im really excited.
Hey God bless you all, youve got Gods love in you now be blessed to be a blessing.

1 comment: