GOD IS LOVE (1 JOHN 4:8)

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Grace of God is not an excuse for sorry living

Before you assume that im getting legalistic and in to works I want you to understand where i am coming from. There was a time when I knew about Grace but still in my mind I just knew that God looked down at everyone and saww everyone equally but when he saw me he something special. Well it took a few years until i came to the realization that i to had sinned and come short of the glory of God Roman 3:23. The bible says in James 2:10 for whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all. Well I knew I had sinned before so i guess by law i was guilty. I first had to magnify my sin to see my need of Grace and righteousness through Christ alone. Romans 3:20 says therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledgs of sin. And Ephesians 2:8-9 says For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. You see Grace is a precious gift God didnt have to provide it you didnt earn Grace. He didnt owe you anything and contrary to much believe God doesnt need you so badly that he went and died on the cross becuase he couldnt spend eternity without you. You know why God did all that because HE loves you unconditionally. I believe very few have ever got a glimpse of unconditionally, the carnal mind can only grasp conditionally love sure you love your wife even when she messes up and when things are wrong but thats because you love her and you know she loves you. And as christians we do love everyone but it doesnt compare to Gods UNCONDITIONAL AGAPE LOVE. He knew our sins would be a hinderance to loving him, think about it if he didnt die for our sins we would be in a constant focus of sin then sacrifice we would be completely sin conscious and focusing on our ability and not the love and fellowship of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but i laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me (1 corinthians 15:10). Many christians who are heavily into Grace will call you legalistic when you try to live a righteous life. They believe that Grace gave them the power to say whatever will be will be but hey IM still righteous mighty powerful and pure in Christ Grace which is absolutely true im not down playing Grace by any means but the church today has perverted it into a sin free card. That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance and in all knowledge; ( 1 Corinthians 1:5). In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:6). Grace didnt set us free to sin it set us free from it and think God it did because when I mess up i dont have to rend the heavens and plead with God to forgive me because he already has, I can say praise God He doesnt hold my sin against me i am righteous in Christ and Im gonna move on and into his Love. Grace is the ability to overcome sin. Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;. Living righteously is not to earn salvation or get you brownie points with God but its a fruit of Salvation and people will see your fruit. Dont let Peverted Grace christians call you legalistic when you have overcome sin and live a moral life. There is nothing wrong with living right. Amen

2 comments:

  1. "the church today has perverted it into a sin free card"

    What church is that? I haven't been to any churches that say that, and I've never heard any Christian seriously say that, but I have been to many that say that grace is what God has already done, therefore go and be holy. If you can find some examples of people/churches who do say that, I'll be glad to repent of my skepticism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad dear Brett when I say the church I mean the body of Christ, the church meaning the people. Not everyone goes to a Grace school. BUt no I have never heard a preacher say that however I have seen people wrongly interperet the message, so no your correct Brett thank you its not a "CHURCH" but the body of christ.

    ReplyDelete